Booking and Website Terms and Conditions
All content on the bestsafari.co.za website, including text, graphics, logos, icons, designs, colours, layout and trademarks, are the intellectual property of bestsafari.co.za and associated persons/organisations, and as such, are protected by South African and International Intellectual Property law.
All information provided by users of the bestsafari.co.za website will be kept private and confidential by bestsafari.co.za. No personal information will provided to third parties unless legal processes require so.
The client authorises bestsafari.co.za to electronically record and store the following information for the purposes of communicating information requested, and in order to provide the client with access to restricted pages on the bestsafari.co.za website and related websites:
- Full name and surnames
- Contact telephone numbers
- Electronic mail address
- IP address
- User selected username and password
- Non-personal browsing habits and click patterns
- Profile information
- Travel information
The bestsafari.co.za will endeavour to provide accurate, up-to-date and truthful information on its website; however, bestsafari.co.za nor any of its employees, agents and associates make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly, tacitly or implied, as to the operation of the site, the information, content, materials and products included and available from this site.
The bestsafari.co.za, its employees, agents and associates will not be liable for any damage of whatsoever nature arising or resulting from the use of or inability to use this site or the information contained hereon, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damage.
Waiver, Indemnity and Liability
- All vouchers, receipts and tickets issued by bestsafari.co.za to the client are subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions.
- Participation in any tour or travel package arranged by bestsafari.co.za and provided by any of its suppliers (including but not limited to transportation to or from any venue) is undertaken at the client’s own risk.
- The client indemnifies bestsafari.co.za and its directors, employees, assignees and/or agents against any claim arising for any damages or loss which might be instituted against it arising from or connection with the services contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
- The client, his/her heirs, dependants, agents, executors or their assignees hereby irrevocably waive any claims which they may have against bestsafari.co.za for any form of compensation for damages which they may suffer due to injury and/ loss of any nature whatsoever, which includes accidents caused by the client’s own actions, injuries or death while on the tour, in a transportation vehicle or at any place during the tour or illness or death at any time after the tour.
- bestsafari.co.za acts solely in the capacity of an agent for third parties and as such bestsafari.co.za holds themselves free of responsibility or liability for any delays, loss or damages from any cause whatsoever including loss/ delay/damages/ dissatisfaction caused by third party products and services. bestsafari.co.za shall be exempt from all liability in respect of any claim whatsoever as aforesaid, the client acknowledging that, in the case of a defective product, it is unreasonable to expect bestsafari.co.za to have discovered the product failure having regard to bestsafari.co.za’s role in arranging access to the third party products and services on behalf of the client.
The bestsafari.co.za site is created, maintained and controlled in the Republic of South Africa and as such, the laws of the Republic of South Africa and the jurisdiction of the South African Court govern this user agreement and the use or inability to use the site.
Change to User Agreement
The bestsafari.co.za reserves the right to make changes to its website, blog, newsletter and this user agreement at any time without notice.
Bookings and Payment
- In order to confirm a clients’ reservation, bestsafari.co.za requires a 30% deposit payment at the time of booking. Failure to do so will result in the reservation automatically being cancelled.
- The balance of payment is due 8 weeks (60 days) prior to the commencement date of the client’s itinerary. Bookings made within 8 weeks (60 days) prior to departure are subject to full prepayment at the time of confirming the reservation.
- bestsafari.co.za accepts credit cards and EFTs as methods of payment. Cash and traveller’s cheques are not accepted.
- All rates provided on the bestsafari.co.za website are based upon external supplier costs such as air fares, airport taxes, fuel surcharges, accommodation, car hire, park fees and gate fees which are outside of the control of bestsafari.co.za. These supplier costs are therefore subject to change until final payment has been received or in the instance of air travel, until air tickets have been issued.
- The client agrees that should any such costs increase, such an increase will be for their account and shall be payable to bestsafari.co.za or as otherwise instructed by bestsafari.co.za.
- Please note that should the client have been quoted in foreign currency and wish to settle payment by means of a credit card, their quotation will be converted to South African Rand prior to the transaction being processed due to foreign exchange regulations by the South African Reserve Bank. The rate of exchange on the day that the transaction is processed will be used to determine the equivalent Rand amount with any resulting foreign exchange differences or bank charges being for the client’s account. The South African Reserve Bank prohibits South African companies from taking foreign credit card payments and keeping the payment in foreign currency. The payment has to be converted to South African Rand before it is credited to the recipient.
- The client must ensure that they meet the necessary travel documentation, permit &/or visa regulations of the countries you intend entering, transiting or visiting. bestsafari.co.za can provide guidelines in this regard; however, the client remains responsible for ensuring that they meet these regulations.
- The client’s passport must have sufficient blank visa pages available in accordance with the regulations of various African countries. A minimum of 2 adjacent blank pages per country to be entered, transited or visited is recommended.
- The client’s passport must be valid for the prescribed period contained in the applicable regulations of the countries you will be entering, transiting &/or visiting. A minimum of 12 months after travel date is recommended.
- If travelling alone with minor children, the client will need to provide a letter of consent from the absent parent/s that the children are allowed to travel with them.
Inoculation, Immunization and Medication
- The client must ensure that they meet the immunisation, inoculation and medication regulations of various African countries. bestsafari.co.za provides guidelines on its website relating immunisation, inoculation and medication regulations. However, the client remains ultimately responsible for ensuring the meet the immunisation, inoculation and medication regulations requirements of each African country visited.
- It is the client’s obligation to ensure that they are medically fit to travel.
- In the event of flights being booked and secured by bestsafari.co.za on behalf of the client, payment is required by credit card (this is because of the time delay of securing funds to us when paying by bank transfer).
- Copies of passports are required when booking flights through bestsafari.co.za. Correct information must be provided by the client and bestsafari.co.za accepts no responsibility for incorrect information provided by clients.
- The client must ensure that the baggage regulations of the airlines and charter companies they are using will be met. bestsafari.co.za can provide guidelines in this regard; however, the client remains responsible for ensuring they meet these regulations.
- In particular, light aircraft flights have extraordinary baggage regulations which include but are not limited to weight, structure and shape.
- If the client does not adhere to the relevant baggage regulations, the transfer of baggage may be delayed and/or transferred at extra cost.
Cancellation Policy and Refunding Of Payment
bestsafari.co.za’s standard cancellation policy:
- Cancellation prior to 8 weeks of travel - Full 30 % deposit is forfeited
- Cancellation 8 – 4 weeks prior to travel - 50% of total cost is forfeited
- Cancellation less than 4 weeks prior to travel - 100% of total cost is forfeited
bestsafari.co.za requires clients to purchase their own travel Insurance at the time of their booking. If they do not do so, they agree that they will be responsible for any costs arising from any emergency, cancellation or rescheduling during their trip. They agree not to hold bestsafari.co.za responsible for any harm or loss suffered.
The client acknowledges that:
- Airlines reserve the right to levy additional or increased airport taxes and fuel charges - without notice - at any stage prior to flight and any such costs increased as a result of an increase effected by the airline will be for the client’s account and shall be payable to bestsafari.co.za or as otherwise instructed by the airlines.
- Road transportation companies such as transfer and car rental companies reserve the right to levy additional charges due to fuel price increases and/or government road levies – without notice – at any stage prior to and any such costs increase as a result of an increase effected by the road transportation company will be for the client’s account and shall be payable to bestsafari.co.za or as otherwise instructed by the road transportation company.
- Government/National Bodies, concession owners and other such parties involved in the running of private or public natural parks reserve the right to levy additional or increased park fees - without notice - at any stage prior to arrival and any such costs increased as a result of an increase effected by such parties will be for the client’s account and shall be payable to bestsafari.co.za or as otherwise instructed by such parties.
Changes to Bookings
bestsafari.co.za will endeavour to make every effort to adhere to the confirmed itinerary. In the event of changes to aspects such as accommodation and transportation, bestsafari.co.za will:
- Provide alternatives at no extra cost (subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions)
- Should the alternatives not be found suitable, refund the client the money arising from the changes (subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions)
- In the event of refunding the client, assist the client in identifying alternative services, subject to all additional costs for the alternative services being for their account.
Voluntary changes by the client:
- Should the client require any changes to be made to their booking, bestsafari.co.za will do its best to assist and accommodate such changes.
- bestsafari.co.za will not charge any additional costs for changes to bookings; however, the client will be liable for any costs or fees charged by the supplier for such changes, subject to the supplier’s own terms and conditions.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- In the event that a client cancels their booking, in full or partially, for any reason whatsoever, bestsafari.co.za will not charge any fees for such cancellations. However, the client agrees and understands that they will be liable for any cancellation costs or fees charged by the supplier, subject to the supplier’s own terms and conditions.
- In the occasional instance where bestsafari.co.za is able to obtain waivers of cancellation fees and/or secure an ex-gratia refund from suppliers, bestsafari.co.za will pass this on to the client, less the Service Fee. However, bestsafari.co.za makes no guarantees as to securing such waivers or refunds.
- Cancellations of bookings must be done in writing. Where cancellations are sent by e-mail, the client must obtain an e-mail proof of receipt and retain written acknowledgement of receipt from bestsafari.co.za.
- bestsafari.co.za will make every effort to avoid misquotation. However, we reserve the right to cancel a reservation without liability or penalty if an obvious error or omission leads to a material cost implication.
- No refunds will be given by bestsafari.co.za for partly used vouchers or for no-shows.
Travel Deals and Discounted Rates
All Travel Deals and Discounted Rates advertised on the bestsafari.co.za website have separate terms and conditions prescribed by the supplier of the relevant goods and/or services. It is the client’s responsibility to obtain such separate terms and conditions as they will be bound by them.
Addresses for Notices and Legal Process
The Parties choose the following physical addresses at which documents in legal proceedings in connection with this Agreement may be served (i.e. their domicilia citandi et executandi) and at which any written notice in connection with this Agreement may be addressed:
bestsafari.co.za: 12 Widcombe, Dennis Road, Lonehill, 2062, Johannesburg, South Africa.
The client: The address provided by the client.
Either of the parties may change this address to another address, by way of a notice to the other party to this Agreement, provided that such a notice is received at least 7 days prior to such a change taking effect.
Complaints and Dispute Resolution
- Any complaints should be telephonically reported to The bestsafari.co.za at the time of the incident and should be followed up in writing, marked for the attention of the Operations Manager, no later than 30 days after the incident has occurred.
- bestsafari.co.za will acknowledge the complaint and endeavour to investigate it with the relevant service provider within a 30 days period after which it will provide the client with written feedback.
- Although bestsafari.co.za will make every effort to assist in the resolution of the complaint, it cannot guarantee the satisfactory resolution of complaints for services and products outside of its control and for which it is not responsible.